Transition in Upholstery style.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Transition in Upholstery style.
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:54:02 EDT
In a message dated 7/31/05 5:06:24 PM, owner-healeys-digest@autox.team.net
writes:

> When would the cutoff be?
>
> My BN6 is a fairly early one, about 350 into the run. It had the newer
> design.

I think you've helped answer your own question. The nominal cut-off was the
introduction of the first BN6 assembled at Jensen, since that was when the
styling change to the interior was intended to occur, and Jensen installed the
interiors when they made the bodies. And your car indicates that it certainly
occured sometime during production of the first 350 bodies. Anything after that
can be assumed to have the later interior. Now, if anyone has a BN6 with a car
number between HBN6/501 and HBN6/850, we'd be interested in knowing what
interior style it has.
(BTW, since the advertising literature and owner manuals had to be printed
and ready to ship when the new car was introduced, they might very well have
used earlier cars as the sources for their photos and drawings. That's why we
rely on the Service Parts List as our primary authority for change points).
Cheers
Gary