Re: Two wheel towing

To: MBran89793@aol.com, RonFineEsq@earthlink.net, Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Two wheel towing
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 14:30:20 EDT
In a message dated 8/5/2005 12:33:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
MBran89793@aol.com writes:
if a  two wheel dolly I could rent would give me enough ground clearance with
the  front or rear up on the dolly?
I've heard some folks say it is not good to tow a rear-wheel drive car while
the rear wheels are on the ground unless the drive shaft is disconnected, the
reason given being that the transmission's bearings are splash-fed by the
gears' spinning and that the mainshaft will thus not be lubricated during
towing.
Does anyone have any information on this?

Best--Michael Oritt