Re: Side cover gaskets

To: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Side cover gaskets
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 02:54:23 -0600
Hi Roland,

I tend to agree with you. Non reinforced rubber gaskets tend to easily
squeeze out of the joints unless they are somehow mechanically
restrained.  Especially on gas tank senders & such. A rubber gasket that
is mechanically restrained in a groove sized to fit it  is a different
matter. Fabric reinforced rubber is ok also, but seldom used.

Dave Russell