Re: Side cover gaskets

To: "Dave & M" <rusd@velocitus.net>, "Roland Wilhelmy"
Subject: Re: Side cover gaskets
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 08:13:37 -0700
"A rubber gasket that is mechanically restrained in a groove sized to fit it
..."

In other words, an O-ring ;)

I have no idea if the "rubber" gaskets offered for the lifter covers are
silicone
(probably not), but the silicone rubber rocker cover gaskets used in light
aircraft
work well.  This is an application similar to the lifter covers, which I
believe
have a small lip to constrain the gasket.  Anyway, unless you need to
remove these covers often, cork gaskets work fine.

On a similar note, the newer fuel pumps supplied by Burlen use an O-ring
to seal the banjo to the pump.  Since this is a show-stopper if you lose or
break one of these, I'd like to carry spares but have been unable to find them
Burlen carries a "gasket pack," but I'm not sure if these are included and
I don't want to order a set from England just to find out.  No luck with
SUMidel,
either.  Anybody have a source for these?

bs