Re: Pistons damaged again

To: Ron Fine <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Pistons damaged again
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 15:59:03 -0700
Hi Ron,

The situation becomes increasingly more critical as the compression
ratio goes up. It is worthy of attention at 7 to 1 & I would consider
the stock Healey Sixes at 9 to 1 to be quite critical. As I said,
better to limit the MAXIMUM advance to 32 to 36 degrees, than to be sorry.

My BN2 at 7.5 to 1 was not too critical of maximum advance. With it
now raised to 9.5 to 1, it is very critical.

If the head or block is decked (milled) in the rebuild process, as is
often done to true the surfaces, the compression ratio will be even
higher than the original.

Regards,
Dave Russell
BN2