RE: coil mount

To: "'Sid & Maria Bronson'" <scbronson5@msn.com>,
Subject: RE: coil mount
From: "Tracy Drummond" <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 05:16:19 -0800
Sid,

I used a piece of stock steel about the width of the hold-down bracket,
three nuts and bolts and a large fender washer.  I drilled three holes, one
in the center and one on each end (the ends a bit wide).  The large fender
washer should be larger that the round stamped hole in the upright pillar
just adjacent the alternator.  The piece of stock is "mounted" to the pillar
in a clamping fashion sandwiched between the washer and the piece of stock
so no holes need to be drilled in the car.

Do not over tighten or you will deform your pillar.
Make the mounting holes far apart to clear the ends of the pillar.

I posted some photos on the gallery under technical at
www.goldengatehealeys.com

Hope this helps.  I am open to suggestions as well.  I could not contrive a
simple way to mount to the alternator with out some machining.

Tracy Drummond
President AHCUSA
VP/Events Director GGAHC