Powder Coat vs Urethane

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Powder Coat vs Urethane
From: "Dan Stromquist" <dan@warner-associates.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:32:46 -0600
I am at the point now where the decision needs to be made on whether to
"Powder Coat" the bead blasted frame or to just stick with Urethane on the
whole works on my restoration.  The shop tells me they cannot match the
Ivory White urethane paint to the powder coated frame and that will effect
any concours rating if I go for that.  Will this make a significant
difference in the quality of the restoration if I powder coat or not?  I am
sticking with DOT 4 on the break fluid because of all the potential problems
with rubber and seals.

Dan