[Healeys] Webers' sizes.

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Webers' sizes.
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 13:15:15 -0000
Am watching the toing and froing on this topic with interest. I started it
after all..............

There seem to be so many types and sub-types.

My aim is to buy them second hand and rebuild as necessary. Common sense
indicates buying a matched pair then a singleton to match them.

So, I look around and see, for example, 40 DCO "31". Now, is it too much to
hope that all DCOE 40s are the same, but that the 31 indicates the choke
size which can be altered to make it a 40 DCOE "35" or which and whatever?

Yes, I imagine that the basic bodies altered with the passage of time, but
surely something stamped on the body will indicate that one has a unit with
the potential to be made to match?

A pair and a singleton seems to be easier to find and more economical than a
triple set. And most triples seem to be 45s....

I'm not in a rush and will seek to assemble the necessaries over any period
until it's worth stripping down the car.

Simon