Re: [Healeys] Webers' sizes.

Subject: Re: [Healeys] Webers' sizes.
From: Wilko2 <e-wilkins@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 09:11:44 -0800
Cc: <healeys@autox.team.net>
I had also posted questions about the Weber thing last week so I'm following
along too.

What I was able to get from eBay many years ago was a set of three 40DCOEs
that were taken from a Datsun Z conversion. I also got three DCOM which is a
more modern version with a diaphragm style accelerator pump that is supposed
to be better around town. There is a seller on eBay who specializes in selling
Alpha parts. His name on eBay is something like alpha1875. His prices can be
good, and he's helpful.

That number after after DCOE is the type and has nothing to do with anything
that anyone outside of Weber knows!

What that number indicates most is difference in the progression holes that
are the key to how the carb performs from idle to driving. These holes are
very small and run along the throttle body and let in more fuel as the
throttle plate is opened. Most of regular driving done with plates barely
opened so that's why this can make so much difference.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/e-wilkins@cox.net