[Healeys] Trafficator reinstallation issues

To: Austin Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Trafficator reinstallation issues
From: Michael Oritt via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2020 15:35:42 -0400

--000000000000ca1e0f05aeaa359e

I sent my trafficator/horn assembly off to Curt Arndt for refurbishing and
got it back in great condition. However I am having difficulty in
reinstalling it:

1. I have fed the wires down the stator tube and am ready to attach the
trafficator assembly which is done via three #4BA flat head machine screws
that go through the countersunk holes in the stator tube end plate and pick
up the thin copper or brass piece which resembles a spring washer. Because
of the piece's thinness there is really only one thread of engagement and
whenever I attempt to push the head/tube home into its final position I
invariably dislodge one of the screws from the head. Am I doing something
wrong here or am I simply being ham-handed?

2. Is there a trick to getting the olive over the end of the stator tube as
I cannot get it started and before I start exerting force I thought I would
enquire whether it needs to be heated, etc. Getting the old one off was not
easy and i would up having to cut it with a dremel tool. It is possible
that I have slightly buggered the end of the stator tube and wonder if
perhaps I need to dress the end, chamfering it a bit?

Any help will be appreciated--weather is beginning to cool off and I would
like to get the car back on the road.

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans

--000000000000ca1e0f05aeaa359e

id=3D"gmail-post_message_1145080" style=3D"margin:0px;padding:0px;color:rgb=
(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif;font-=
size:13px;background-color:rgb(250,250,250)"><blockquote class=3D"gmail-pos=
tcontent gmail-restore" style=3D"margin:0px;padding:0px;overflow:hidden">I =
sent my trafficator/horn assembly off to Curt Arndt for refurbishing and go=
t it back in great condition. However I am having difficulty in reinstallin=
g it:<br><br>1. I have fed the wires down the stator tube and am ready to a=
ttach the trafficator assembly which is done via three #4BA flat head machi=
ne screws that go through the countersunk holes in the stator tube end plat=
e and pick up the thin copper or brass piece which resembles a spring washe=
r. Because of the piece&#39;s thinness there is really only one thread of e=
ngagement and whenever I attempt to push the head/tube home into its final =
position I invariably dislodge one of the screws from the head. Am I doing =
something wrong here or am I simply being ham-handed?<br><br>2. Is there a =
trick to getting the olive over the end of the stator tube as I cannot get =
it started and before I start exerting force I thought I would enquire whet=
her it needs to be heated, etc. Getting the old one off was not easy and i =
would up having to cut it with a dremel tool. It is possible that I have sl=
ightly buggered the end of the stator tube and wonder if perhaps I need to =
dress the end, chamfering it a bit?<br><br>Any help will be appreciated--we=
ather is beginning to cool off and I would like to get the car back on the =
ass=3D"gmail-attachments" style=3D"margin:20px 30px;padding:5px 10px;border=
:1px solid rgb(206,206,206);background:none rgb(236,236,236);border-radius:=
5px;font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Cal=
ibri,Geneva,sans-serif"><fieldset class=3D"gmail-postcontent" style=3D"marg=
in:5px 0px;padding:0px;border-width:0px;border-style:initial;border-color:i=
v></div>

--000000000000ca1e0f05aeaa359e--

--===============4064711439892451211==