Re: [Healeys] 100 Battery Conversion

To: "springer.mike51@gmail.com" <springer.mike51@gmail.com>, "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 Battery Conversion
From: ben via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 03:22:44 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_594405_806151164.1620271364184

Mike,
I have converted my 1954 BN1 to a single Odyssey pc925 battery. This is an =
very small battery less than 5" high. It is square in profile and fits nice=
ly into one of the battery wells. The tops of the solid brass terminals are=
 threaded for bolts/washers (metric) that come with the battery. To attach =
the Lucas lead helmet caps, I bored a larger hole in the and secured the ca=
ble with the bolt/washer combination. While this battery is small in size i=
t cranks the BN1 faster than any other battery or combination of 6 volts I'=
ve ever used. My tester shows at fully charged over 600 CCA.
Recently, I began switching all my old cars to Odyssey batteries after gett=
ing one in an Elva Courier racer I purchased. It was mounted on its side wi=
th cable attached as mentioned above. These batteries have long storage tim=
es and have cranked the 100 after 6 months storage with no charging. The on=
ly caveat is you need an AGM charger.=C2=A0
Ben Cohen,
BN1, BN7 and BJ8...and other British