Re: [Healeys] QuickJack Car Lift

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] QuickJack Car Lift
From: Elton S <eps2660@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 12:06:08 -0400
Cc: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>

--0000000000004d788005c274a859

Bob,
Where are your lifting points on your Healey with the QuickJack?
Elton

On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 11:09 PM Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net> wrote:

> As the late Mr. Jobs would say: "One more thing:"
>
> The QJ has some specific maintenance instructions. All the pivot points
> need to be kept lubed--they recommend white lithium grease--but there are
> no zerks, just holes in the tubes.  I bought a pistol grip grease gun and a
> few tubes of WL grease, plus a tapered nozzle to inject the grease; it's
> messy and wasteful, but the grease gets where it needs to be. Also, there
> is an air cylinder on each to assist lowering; I noticed when I got my car
> up on the QJ and put jack stands under the rear springs and front A-arms to
> relieve the springs the QL would not completely lower from fully extended
> without weight on them. I think the manual says they are not designed to
> self-lower until they're just a few inches off the ground. The air
> cylinders spec 50psi with the QJ lowered IIRC (RTFM).
>
> Bob
>
> On 5/14/2021 5:55 PM, i erbs via Healeys wrote:
>
> I have one. My Sprite had no issues with 5k jack
> Have not put my big healey on it yet, but I just found my bag or rubber
> blocks so I can gsin clearance of the exhaust.
> Will do so after my 2500 mile rt to Conclave.
>
> Ira Erbs
> 1959 AH 100-6
> 1967 MGB
> Milwaukie, OR
>
> On Thu, May 13, 2021, 7:56 PM Elton S via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Fellow Listers,
>> Any of you have a QuickJack car lift? I'd like your opinion of what you
>> think of it, either the 5000# or the 7000#. Is it suitable for lifting a
>> Healey?
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Elton

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/eps2660@gmail.com

--0000000000004d788005c274a859

div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 11:09 PM Bob S=
pidell &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:bspidell@comcast.net";>bspidell@comcast.net</a>=
&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px =
0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
    As the late Mr. Jobs would say: &quot;One more thing:&quot;<br>
    The QJ has some specific maintenance instructions. All the pivot
    points need to be kept lubed--they recommend white lithium
    grease--but there are no zerks, just holes in the tubes.=C2=A0 I bought=
    pistol grip grease gun and a few tubes of WL grease, plus a tapered
    nozzle to inject the grease; it&#39;s messy and wasteful, but the greas=
    gets where it needs to be. Also, there is an air cylinder on each to
    assist lowering; I noticed when I got my car up on the QJ and put
    jack stands under the rear springs and front A-arms to relieve the
    springs the QL would not completely lower from fully extended
    without weight on them. I think the manual says they are not
    designed to self-lower until they&#39;re just a few inches off the
    ground. The air cylinders spec 50psi with the QJ lowered IIRC
    (RTFM).<br>
    Bob<br>
      Healeys wrote:<br>
     =20
=A0
          found my bag or rubber blocks so I can gsin clearance of the
          exhaust.</div>
            1959 AH 100-6<br>
            1967 MGB<br>
            Milwaukie, OR</div>
          Elton S via Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net"=
 target=3D"_blank">healeys@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
              opinion of what you think of it, either the 5000# or the
              7000#. Is it suitable for lifting a Healey?</div>

rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://a=