Re: [Healeys] QuickJack Car Lift

To: Elton S <eps2660@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] QuickJack Car Lift
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 16:54:26 -0700
Cc: Ahealey help <healeys@autox.team.net>

--------------BD62ABFDB0DBE2AE1C78338D

In front, on the frame near the motor mounts. In the rear, just ahead of
the rear axle. You can move the mounts about a foot forward and back.

On 5/16/2021 9:06 AM, Elton S wrote:
> Bob,
> Where are your lifting points on your Healey with the QuickJack?
> Elton
>
> On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 11:09 PM Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net
>
>     As the late Mr. Jobs would say: "One more thing:"
>
>     The QJ has some specific maintenance instructions. All the pivot
>     points need to be kept lubed--they recommend white lithium
>     grease--but there are no zerks, just holes in the tubes.  I bought
>     a pistol grip grease gun and a few tubes of WL grease, plus a
>     tapered nozzle to inject the grease; it's messy and wasteful, but
>     the grease gets where it needs to be. Also, there is an air
>     cylinder on each to assist lowering; I noticed when I got my car
>     up on the QJ and put jack stands under the rear springs and front
>     A-arms to relieve the springs the QL would not completely lower
>     from fully extended without weight on them. I think the manual
>     says they are not designed to self-lower until they're just a few
>     inches off the ground. The air cylinders spec 50psi with the QJ
>     lowered IIRC (RTFM).
>
>     Bob
>
>     On 5/14/2021 5:55 PM, i erbs via Healeys wrote:
>>     I have one. My Sprite had no issues with 5k jack
>>     Have not put my big healey on it yet, but I just found my bag or
>>     rubber blocks so I can gsin clearance of the exhaust.
>>     Will do so after my 2500 mile rt to Conclave.
>>
>>     Ira Erbs
>>     1959 AH 100-6
>>     1967 MGB
>>     Milwaukie, OR
>>
>>     On Thu, May 13, 2021, 7:56 PM Elton S via Healeys
>>
>>         Fellow Listers,
>>         Any of you have a QuickJack car lift? I'd like your opinion
>>         of what you think of it, either the 5000# or the 7000#. Is it
>>         suitable for lifting a Healey?
>>         Thanks in advance,
>>         Elton

>     Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html
>     <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>     Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>
>     Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
>     <http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys>
>     http://autox.team.net/archive <http://autox.team.net/archive>

>     Unsubscribe/Manage:
>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/eps2660@gmail.com
>     <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/eps2660@gmail.com>

--------------BD62ABFDB0DBE2AE1C78338D

  <head>
  </head>
    In front, on the frame near the motor mounts. In the rear, just
    ahead of the rear axle. You can move the mounts about a foot forward
    and back.<br>
cite="mid:CAFKLAdgmwZ-QyBJN2TibFua-u9gTahh6ArnJXDie3nrAF4CyTg@mail.gmail.com">
          QuickJack?</div>
          PM Bob Spidell &lt;<a href="mailto:bspidell@comcast.net";
            moz-do-not-send="true">bspidell@comcast.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
          0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
            The QJ has some specific maintenance instructions. All the
            pivot points need to be kept lubed--they recommend white
            lithium grease--but there are no zerks, just holes in the
            tubes.  I bought a pistol grip grease gun and a few tubes of
            WL grease, plus a tapered nozzle to inject the grease; it's
            messy and wasteful, but the grease gets where it needs to
            be. Also, there is an air cylinder on each to assist
            lowering; I noticed when I got my car up on the QJ and put
            jack stands under the rear springs and front A-arms to
            relieve the springs the QL would not completely lower from
            fully extended without weight on them. I think the manual
            says they are not designed to self-lower until they're just
            a few inches off the ground. The air cylinders spec 50psi
            with the QJ lowered IIRC (RTFM).<br>
            Bob<br>
                5k jack
                  but I just found my bag or rubber blocks so I can gsin
                  clearance of the exhaust.</div>
                  Conclave.<br>
                    1959 AH 100-6<br>
                    1967 MGB<br>
                    Milwaukie, OR</div>
                  7:56 PM Elton S via Healeys &lt;<a
                    href="mailto:healeys@autox.team.net"; target="_blank"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">healeys@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
                  wrote:<br>
                  0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
                  rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                      your opinion of what you think of it, either the
                      5000# or the 7000#. Is it suitable for lifting a
                      Healey?</div>
          Support Team.Net <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>