Re: Air Ride suspensions

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air Ride suspensions
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 21:55:44 -0800
Well so far so good the car raises and lowers all on it's own.... with a
little assist from the air compressor... now on to the rear of the car..
the front bags are done and they work like stink... if pushing on a fender
is any indication... these should be a Big improvement....

I need to find a quality bump stop though... the lower A frame is right at
the frame when the bags are deflated and the chassis cross member actually
sits on the Ground... so a normal bump stop is in order to give it the one
inch clearance while all of the air is out of them... we installed them so
there would be air pressure in them at ride height.. Mandatory for making
them live..

This has been a really interesting solution.... as far as I can tell it is
going to meet all of my original goals....

now for the real decisions like the mini air compressor and the spare
battery.. to power all the electrical systems not important to the race on
the track... like starting and so on.. ought to be an interesting day
tomorrow....

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )