announcement in BRN

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: announcement in BRN
From: "Wendy Jeffries" <salt@ivic.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 15:47:16 -0800
Hi all,
   Here is what I have written so far as the notice for the Bonneville
Racing News.  Any additions?  Corrections?

HEADLINE=Land Speed Racing E-mail List is Up and Running

Land speed racers who are on the Internet will be happy to know there
is a new e-mail list just for LSR fans.  I'll explain for those of you
who aren't cruising the net yet. You might decide it is time to take
the plunge. With a computer hooked to the internet you are able to
sign up on various e-mail lists.  Subscription to lists is free
generally and they gather together people from all over the world who
share an interest.  One member posts an e-mail and everyone on the
list will receive it.  Anyone on the list can reply and so the
conversations grow and continue.

Now thanks to our forward thinking guys from the East Coast Timing
Association, there is a list dedicated to land speed racing.  In a
recent e-mail Chuck Rothfuss explained "Keith Turk and I were talking
about our favorite lists (Bluebirds and Healeys) and I mentioned that
I hadn't seen a LSR list....Next thing I know Keith is sending me
sign-up instructions."  The list started on January 8th and already
has reached the Australian coast.  Chuck said, "It is hard enough to
find information specific to LSR, and hopefully this list will foster
exchanges of information that will benefit everyone.

The list owners are hoping for a large membership with a varied
experience base so a racer with a tough to answer question will have a
place to go for help.
The list is open to all interested in land speed racing.  To subscribe
send an e-mail to:
majordomo@autox.team.net
In the body of the text write:
subscribe land-speed
You'll be on in no time!  Send an introduction so we'll know who is
out there.

Wendy Jeffries, salt@ivic.net
Bonneville Racing News