Transmissions

To: <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Transmissions
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 12:28:43 -0500
Keith,

At 06:31 AM 2/8/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Got that Transmission out yet?

  I've got one out and one to go, but have made zero progress since the surgery.
I think I may have trouble explaining why I'm at the car wash, blasting the
dirt off a transmission when I'm supposed to be in bed.  I've gotto put up
with this huge dressing on my foot til 1030 Wednesday, and my wife is off
til then, so I can't sneak out in the garage much.  After I go back in and
get the OK from the doc I'll be getting after the car projects.  I'll go
nuts laying around here if I don't.

  I like the idea of going faster, slowly, that you mentioned Keith.  I'm
doing much the same, but not for the same reason.  I think not having nearly
seized water pump bearings may help me out next time, but the big problem is
that I just can't find the eccentric shaft (rotary equivelent of the
crankshaft) for the new engine!  I must've really put it somewhere safe.

Chuck