Re: Photos for BRN and websites

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Photos for BRN and websites
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 22:18:09 -0500
Keith,

  I had an opportunuty to play with one of those digital cameras last
summer, and the potential for getting instand on-line pictures is exciting.
Access to the full color pictures on the list, if you wanted to make them
accessable would certainly interest me.  I'm sure Mark may tell us that the
download time is too long and ask us to post the stuff on a website, but at
least we can get the pictures out to people.  I'm sure Dave Mann could spare
us somemore space in his Roadsters website.

  The instant images available from digital cameras can be great fun.  We
started sending them to a friends kids who were away in college.  We sent
pictures of their cars (an MGB and Corvair), us repairing and washing their
cars, all of us driving their cars, and finally, their cars parked by the
curb with FOR SALE signs on them.

  In other LSR news, I got one step closer to having all the pieces to build
the new peripherial port engine today.  I decided that I may never find that
extra eccentric shaft that I had put away, (It must be somewhere really
safe!) so I ordered a new one. When I called Racing Beat to ask about
pricing, and mentioned that I was a land speed racer the guy immediately
asked if I was going after any of THEIR records.  Not with my budget!!  I
have managed some factory backing from Mazda, so that helps.  Helping a
friend assemble his 13B autocross engine today I also came across a few more
new  pieces in his spares box, so I'm getting closer.  Still lots of machine
work to send out.  Are there any other rotary engine builders/racers out
there on the list, or am I the only guy building these little monsters?

Chuck Rothfuss
USS Wankel, '71 Datsun RX510
ECTA