Oil and water...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, "John Beckett" <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
Subject: Oil and water...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:54:03 -0800
turned out to be a intake gasket leak best we could tell

we pulled it down all the way and spun the bearings out of it... Cheap
insurance. and magnafluxed the block.. everything looks okay... So it
wasn't in there long and I didn't hurt the bottom end.... interesting
though.. The Kendall oil I was running absorbed all of the water.. there
were no rust stains or anything like that. and I did start the motor with
this problem... to test out the rear suspension..

What kind of Oil are you folks running... I have always used 20-50
Kendall... but Brad and I were have a discussion about this may not be the
best thing for this application....
Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )

----------
> From: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Hot rods
> Date: Monday, March 15, 1999 7:08 AM
>
> What was the story on the water in the oil?
>
> JB
>

> At 08:34 PM 3/14/99 -0800, Keith Turk wrote:
> >I guess we are all out working on our Hot Rods... Perfect.... Got the
motor
> >back from the Machine shop.... bolted it all together slipped the ole
dog
> >in the car and now I can't wait.. two more weeks Till our first race on
the
> >East Coast.
> >
> >Ran the damn fire bottles in 1/4" brake line.... and am done with that
> >little issue.. bought the second Battery and mounted the trays...
Decided
> >on Constant duty solenoids to run the big stuff... Just Like Barry Grant
> >recommends on that Fuel pump... and a Ford Solenoid on the starter... As
of
> >tomorrow I should be putting the wiring in the car.... Found a real
slick
> >set up from Rod Ware for a wiring harness... pure race car stuff...
color

land-speed@autox.team.net