Re: List

To: "Chuck Rothfuss" <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: List
From: "Jim Bickford" <jbickford@volcano.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 11:20:43 -0800
The first place, before starting construction, would be to contact the class
requirements committee chairman.
This was the 1998 list:

Special Construction: John Bjorkman
Roadsters: Russ Eyers, 619.453.3044
Vintage: Roy Creel
Coupes & Sedans: Bob Sykes Jr.
Motorcycles: Dale Martin

I only have Russ's phone number . Mike Cook ( president@scta-bni.org) should
have the other numbers.

They should have all the answers, if not they will bring it up at the rules
committee meetings. The roadsters
are strictest of the bunch.

What you miss by being so far away from the dry lakes meets is the chance
for pre-inspection. My car passed
the first time at the lakes but each time the inspectors have some
suggestions that should be seriously considered. These unfortunately come
from incidents on the track. After each meet with the streamliner we made
the suggested changes. I survived a crash with minor injuries thanks to
their input and experience.

For safety harness/fire systems and parachutes call Jim Diest
(818.240.7866). When at Bonneville or the
lakes meets look Jim up and have him go over your system while belted in the
car. With Jim's input we
developed a more effective arm restraint for streamliners. He also made
additions to the lap belt
system which again prevented serious injury.

I can help on any of the streamliner specific or general  questions too.

Jim Bickford