Re: special thanks

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: special thanks
From: "Lawrence E. Mayfield" <mayfield@traveller.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 17:16:04
I have longed for this list! I belong to several others and they are mostly
flame throwers. HArd to ask a question and get a decent answer on those
lists. I really appreciate those who started this and I too want to
encourage everyone to participate...don't lurk. Jump in, it's fun!

mayf

At 04:19 PM 3/22/99 -0600, Keith Turk wrote:
>Folks I want to take a sec to point out what this list is about and to sent
>a special note of thanks and credit where it is due....
>
>Yes Chuck Rothfus and myself got this hair brained Idea that there was most
>likely a group of folks like ourselves that would be interested in E-mail
>on Land Speed Racing... I contacted the Mark Bradakis who maintains these
>lists as a hobby... he immediately made us a List...and the next thing you
>know here we are.... Mark doesn't charge for this service and in the Year
>that I have been active on several of his other lists doesn't request money
>or ask us for anything... He has mentioned once that his server went
>down... or something like that.. and some folks from the list sent
>Contributions to him...
>
>Wendy Jeffries jumped on the band wagon (thanks Wendy)
>
>My intent of the list is now your intent... It is started and the direction
>and purposes are entirely up to you... I would like to share a thought or
>two on direction... I would hope that all of us would maintain a friendly
>atmosphere where we all respect and enjoy each others opinions... and look
>forward to a comment or two about our efforts... Also I would hope that we
>have enough savvy.. to not Flame anyone publicly that doesn't deserve it...
>in other words if it is negative send it to the man directly...
>
>and the last thing I want to add is that this isn't about spelling an
>Grammar... it is about Land Speed Racing or something that interests you
>.... I am what I consider Phonetically Challenged or Spelling impaired..
>Don't let the momentary slip of a finger stop you from saying what you have
>to say...
>
>I thank each of you personally for joining.. I look forward to what you
>have to add to the overall conversation...
>Keith Turk
>Austin Healey 100, Bugeye, Box sprites, Bonneville Camero ( Land Speed
>Racer)

L.E. Mayfield
124 Maximillion Drive
Madison, Al. 35758-8171
1-256-837-1051

http://www.hsv.tis.net/~mayfield

DrMayf@AOL.com
mayfield@traveller.com <<<<preferred

Bonneville Land Speed Racer, '66 Hydroplane Drag Boat (390 FE)