special thanks

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: special thanks
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:19:42 -0600
Folks I want to take a sec to point out what this list is about and to sent
a special note of thanks and credit where it is due....

Yes Chuck Rothfus and myself got this hair brained Idea that there was most
likely a group of folks like ourselves that would be interested in E-mail
on Land Speed Racing... I contacted the Mark Bradakis who maintains these
lists as a hobby... he immediately made us a List...and the next thing you
know here we are.... Mark doesn't charge for this service and in the Year
that I have been active on several of his other lists doesn't request money
or ask us for anything... He has mentioned once that his server went
down... or something like that.. and some folks from the list sent
Contributions to him...

Wendy Jeffries jumped on the band wagon (thanks Wendy)

My intent of the list is now your intent... It is started and the direction
and purposes are entirely up to you... I would like to share a thought or
two on direction... I would hope that all of us would maintain a friendly
atmosphere where we all respect and enjoy each others opinions... and look
forward to a comment or two about our efforts... Also I would hope that we
have enough savvy.. to not Flame anyone publicly that doesn't deserve it...
in other words if it is negative send it to the man directly...

and the last thing I want to add is that this isn't about spelling an
Grammar... it is about Land Speed Racing or something that interests you
.... I am what I consider Phonetically Challenged or Spelling impaired..
Don't let the momentary slip of a finger stop you from saying what you have
to say...

I thank each of you personally for joining.. I look forward to what you
have to add to the overall conversation...
Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100, Bugeye, Box sprites, Bonneville Camero ( Land Speed
Racer)