Re: Final drive

To: MikeJ@speedrecordclub.softnet.co.uk, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Final drive
From: V4GR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 18:52:07 EDT
        The plan is Al Liest has incorporates 6:71 blown cad northstar
engines. Al has an engine building shop here and built the 302 in Jack
Costella's liner. If you look at Jacks car you will see that the engine not
the driver is the largest thing in the car. And Jack also mounts the motors
with the crank centerlines about 4 inches below the rear axle.

                Al seems to be thinking of 4 motors and 4 wheel drive. He
says it depends on dyno figures the Cad motors develop.
                                                                The point
here is to get the drive up to the axle centerline. Jack uses change gears
and a fwd axle and an angle drive. Al wanted to use an angle drive and blower
belts. Locomotives and very large dump trucks use Diesel electric drive.
Electric liners with lots of batteries run at salt. Very heavy.
                                        Al has run two sprint car teams at
the same time. He has a jr. fuel digger now. He has a large well equipped
automotive machine shop and a nice dyno. Some good people working for him,
maybe it will happen, but I'm not holding my breath.  R. Fox