Re: Oiling Systems

To: Dave Dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Subject: Re: Oiling Systems
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 09:48:05 -0400
Would like to go a little further into this........
I have a 372 cid that has been having problems on the long course
(bearing failure). I have been using a 7 qt moroso pan + cooler and
lines for a total  of 8 qts.
Obviously RPM is a big factor in this matter. I have a general question,
and I know the answer depends mainly on the oil pump capacity, but,,, Is
there any rule of thumb (no offense to Tom) of when a wet sump cannot
"keep up" with the engine any longer and a dry sump becomes necessary.
ED
C/GT #128