Re: Headers

To: "John Beckett" <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Headers
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 10:18:49 -0700
damn 1 3/4 Scohenfields.... and they tuck up really nice... first set I got
to bring back and not add to the scrape pile...

the Heads are those ole junk cast iron 292 angle plug things....( Hogan
Racing actually they are one of the better parts of the motor.. )  I guess
they couldn't afford Stainless Valves so they stuck a set of big Titanium
ones in .. to get by..

Had to get another set of Lash caps and Rollers... Comp cams I think... the
last ones had been whittled on a bit to much to clear the Valve springs....
anyway... I got to run the motor this morning.. and actually bring it up to
temp.   So I could readjust the Rockers... and adjust the timing.. which I
set at 38 to start.. this motor should like 40 degrees but I figured I
would set it a little back to start.

I was amazed at how quick one of these things revs... with that little
flywheel and Tilton clutch ... I really had to be careful... oughta be a
good time....

Keith

----------
> From: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Headers
> Date: Monday, April 26, 1999 8:06 AM
>
> Ah yes, the joys of header instalation and spark plug changing. What fun.
> Are your heads angle or straight plug? What size headers did you finaly
> decide on?
>
> JB
>

> At 06:12 AM 4/26/99 -0700, Keith Turk wrote:
> >I started to Title this message DAMN headers....
> >
> >This is the third set of Headers as the first two set were donated to
the
> >leveling of the airfield at Maxton... ( hit the ground ) and these are
> >sitting right in the car... all tucked up like good little tubes....
ONLY