Re: Drivetrain efficiency

To: "Daniel Wright" <daniel.wright@genetics.utah.edu>,
Subject: Re: Drivetrain efficiency
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 10:39:13 -0500
interesting question and one I would love to hear everyone's answer on.....

I know this much... the 355 that we ran at the March meet was an honest
425hp motor... based on dyno tests of many many engines in the same
configuration.... it might vary 10hp or so but no more or no less...

on a Chassis dyno it made 329hp so we can assume that it lost just less
then 100hp in frictional loses between the crank and the rear wheel...

This was with a Doug Nash 4speed and centerforce clutch backed up by a 9"
ford rear end

Keith Turk...