Re: Drivetrain effenciency

To: Daniel Wright <daniel.wright@genetics.utah.edu>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Drivetrain effenciency
From: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 11:51:39 -0400
Don't know if I have these numbers exactly right, but I guess normaly about
25% of HP get eaten up in the drive line. I understand that the NASCAR boys
have that down to 10 to 15%. Things like a Quickchange that we generaly
prefer makes the problem worse...a Chevy 12 bolt is much more efficient as
an eample...better even than a Ford 9". Most automatic transmissions are
horrible.

John Beckett