Re: Points Race

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Points Race
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 21:02:54 -0700
This whole deal is just a bit of a bummer.... because Brad and I both
thought it would be really cool to run for the Championship at Maxton....

It Was hard for me to understand at first why this was the way it was....
as I said earlier I really do understand John's point...That filling the
record book with Real Records and the added Income is important to survival
of the organization..

Scottie has put up a ton of money for each of his records and has
established a wonderful set of records in Motorcycles....

On the end of the day I hope to set a number of meaningful marks in the
Altered Ranks... and that maybe the legacy of this Camaro.. that it holds
all the records in the Altered ranks above the class of D.... works for
me....

If I set one record each meet... Scottie would bring 2 bikes each time...
if I set two records he would bring 3 and so on.... he isn't limited in his
ability to win here...

There is also some lessons to be learned here if we pay attention to what
is happening.... Look at what Doc Jeffries did with the Multimake LYNX and
all the classes he raced it in and all the records he set with a single
car...That is how you win a championship in this type of Racing... being
smarter then the other guy not necessarily faster... otherwise Al Teague
would be the champion every year.... (not sure that would be a bad thing by
the way)

Keith Turk
#2 in points and Happy to be there.. or 3rd or what ever