Re: Rules

To: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rules
From: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 09:05:50 -0400
        Thought I would add this to the conversation. It is the intent of ECTA
try and keep LSR rules as close to SCTA/BNI rules as possible. We need
consistancy & continuity in our sport and a common rule structure is
important to this end. There are some differences in our rules, example we
have added a circle track class which BNI dosen't have, we recomend and
prefer four wheel brakes at our venue, but to the best of my ability the
class rules are the same. Another words a Gas Coupe is and should be the
same in both organizations. Any SCTA car or bike should be able to travel
east and any ECTA vehicle can travel west and run at any venue without
class complications.
        Rules can be a complicated issue sometimes. There are many things that
perhaps are not always spelled out clearly. There are SCTA rules that have
been in effect for many years and all those old timers understand why, but
the new kids don't. This list should help enlighten and clarify many
questions. I have learned a lot and really enjoy the great conversations.

        John Beckett