Re: Altered cars & cooling

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Altered cars & cooling
From: dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 13:54:51 -0400
keith, racers, i agree that throwing down on the salt (or other venues) and
thrashing a car at high speed is what its all about,and i am with you on
too many rules spoil the nice casual atmosphere , but it would suck hard if
someone protested a couple of naca ducts in the front fenders , got an
inspector to agree with the protest due to HIS personal interpretation, and
now ive got to structurally and cosmetically repair and repaint a $1000+
fiberglass frontend with some patchwork plugs where there used to be naca
ducts, and all that work was for nothing, even though the modification is
legal per the rulebook. this is where " how we go about it is up to us"
could be a problem. as i read it there is no question that air ducts are
fully legal IF I CALL THEM A DUCT,  but i'm sure others may call it
different, and maybe a call is in order to the scta question hotline, but
with this philosophy, i would spend more time on the phone than i would
building the car , because if i step back and look at it from a neutral
standpoint, most anything on the car is open to interpretation,

regards-
doug ferguson
black radon engineering