Re: Altered cars & cooling

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Altered cars & cooling
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 17:40:04 -0400
List,

  This was exactly the sort of discussion I was hoping to stir up!  Thanks
to everyone for the ideas, and the skinny on SCCA/BNI rules.  I'm using ECTA
rules, and where something isn't spelled out I've learned it's safer (and
sometimes cheaper) to ask questions first.

  Now I have to consider all the possibilities.  I'd already planned on
removable plates in front of the radiator and oil cooler, just in case.  I
have always wanted to move my oil cooler, but since it's so big there's
nowhere to fit it under the hood.  Twenty feet of -10 line, some stainless
steel shrouding and an electric fan oughto take care of that.  I may well
end up with increased oil and water capacity by the time I'm done.  There
are some really nice tanks available at the local recyclers.  Even if none
of this is necessary on the USS Wankel I'm getting some great ideas to help
make the design and construction of the new E/MS project ("Frosty") go
smoothly.

  Hmmmm...If I pull the bilge pump out of the bass boat...

Chuck