Re: "Gear Heads"

To: "Jane McMeekin" <jmcmeekin@worldnet.att.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "Gear Heads"
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 04:59:49 -0700
What is hard to see here is that their Folks named them Don, Dick, and
David... and it took two years to be able to get their names right...

David was the first McMeekin I met in 95 when I raced my Elcamino at
Moultrie as the ECTA was just getting off the ground...  He brought this
little sprinter down that was about the prettiest thing I have ever seen...
exceptionally well but together and it had a Flat Head so it had to be
Cool....

After that David and I were often Spectators at Maxton together... since we
didn't bring a car we both kinda hung out at a couple of Meets and simply
enjoyed the company... he was telling me that His Brother was building this
Monza type car with a Buick motor..

Don's car is a study in how to's .... Simply a well done Race car.... Very
Pretty but also highly functional.... the car runs 8500 rpm through the
lights and sounds Like a Buzz bomb.. The car has lots of one off parts that
show just how capable these boys are....

Kept asking Don if he was going to the Salt.... and he kept telling me that
he wasn't .... kind of a bummer because based on it's time at Maxton it
would run the number at Bonneville...

Well again Congrats on the times guys... well earned and well deserved...

Keith