Car class

To: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
Subject: Car class
From: richard jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 11:10:04 -0700 (PDT)
John, I have a chance to pick up a 1948 Renault 4CV.  That body is a
little larger than a 40s Fiat Topolino and a little smaller than the
Ford Anglia of that period, and would look real good in Bonneville
dress.  I want to chop the top and use it, along with my (Class "C")
354 hemi, as the foundation for a Competition Coupe.  My concern is,
the Renault was a rear engined car.  Can I mount the body on a chassis
with a front V-8 and RWD and end up with a Competion Coupe (all other
requirements considered) or does the fact that the Renault was
originally rear engine put me somewhere else?  The engine will be set
back at least 25% of the wheelbase of the race car, but, of course, it
is not set back from where the original Renault location was.
thanx
Dick J