RE: 130, 150, and 200 MPH Clubs

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 130, 150, and 200 MPH Clubs
From: "Ferguson, Darrell" <dfergus@bactc.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 11:07:38 -0700
My understanding, and perhaps I am wrong here, is that the 130 and 150 mph
clubs are classes offered by the USFRA only, designed to open up Bonneville
racing to any newcomers. Cars competing in these classes do not need to fall
into any specific class, they are designed for street type cars with minimal
safety gear. The 130 MPH club requires a Helmet and safety belts and
overflow,- real basic safety gear. In this class you are allowed to run up
to 130 mph, beyond that, you fall into the 150 mph club which requires more
safety gear, such as a roll bar, 5 way harness, and driveshaft loop. If your
vehicle exceeds 150 mph, you are not given a timing slip, and immediately
forced to comply with SCTA rules governing the specific bodystyle your are
running. It's not a club like the 200mph, it's an open class designed to
attract people to take a stab at the salt in a mild machine to get a feel
for it. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but this is how Mary West explained it
to me in 1993.

   Darrell Ferguson
   BLACK RADON ENGINEERING
   # 939 BBFALT