Re: Shop safety/Healey stuff

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shop safety/Healey stuff
From: V4GR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 19:09:54 EDT
One safety thing I learned when first starting the Chrysler is drill drain
holes in low spot on zoom headers. I cranked that thing for quite a while
building oil pressure checking for leaks and what not. Using a remote starter
so I could observe the engine. Then I turned on ignition and leaned over
motor grabbed the throttle shaft and hit it. There was fire everywhere. It
got real hot right now. I backed on out of there post haste, and found my
shirt to be on fire, also my plastic watch band.                        It
was easy to pat out the shirt but that damn watch would not stop burning. I
still don't wear a watch, and I drill drain holes in zoomies.  Rich Fox