RE: Hemi Pipes

To: Beth Butters <bbutters@dmi.net>
Subject: RE: Hemi Pipes
From: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 06:32:37 -0700 (PDT)
I'll send those numbers next week.  Got to finish
putting a roof on my new garage before i can get
to the motor to uncover it.  the fascination
stems from the very beginning for me.  I was 14
when my dad took me for a ride on Daytona beach
at 150 in his new Chrysler 300C back when you
could pay $2 to make a run and get a time slip
for a souvenir. On top of that, the guy that
lived next door to us on a lake in Massachussetts
had an old (1930s) gold cup hydroplane that he
had stuck a hemi in.  It had zoomies, was the the
fastest boat for miles around, and made the best
music I had ever heard.  And that was in the
golden age of Buddie Holley and Elvis Presley, so
it had a lot of competition for the best music
award!   I've been hooked on hemis and speed ever
since.  As you suggested, I am aiming at the
USFRA 150 club.  Although I'm building what will
eventually be either an altered or comp coupe, I
will probably tack on the stuff necessary to get
it registered and inspected here in Texas in
order to qualify for the 150 specs, then run it
at Maxton under 125 and World of Speed in the 150
club. For the following year I'll spend my money
on the other safety stuff and then run it in it's
rightful class.