Re: Salt stuff - Floor paint

To: "JERRY FOSTER" <fosterap@flash.net>,
Subject: Re: Salt stuff - Floor paint
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:00:51 -0500
Jerry I own a concrete Rock business and I am going to give you my pat
answer bout concrete paint...

Shop floors should be smooth finished and strong..... there is no
substitute for quality concrete and Wire in the floor.... Fiberglass isn't
steel...  and all the salesman in the world won't change my mind..

as for Paint... well you get to pick... but since Concrete breaths and
doesn't control vapor... there is a strong chance what ever kind of paint
you put down is going to come up... so if you have to have a painted
floor... get ready to paint it every three years or as long as you can
stand it being scratched.. I wouldn't make it three years...  The best
cushion epoxy's in the world.... can't stand an engine block or a sharp
instrument gouging it... just a fact of life.... that is why my shop floor
isn't painted..

Keith