Re: salduro loop

To: dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com
Subject: Re: salduro loop
From: "Wester S. Potter" <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:04:11 -0600
Doug,
The Salduro loop is the high dike that begins and ends at I-80 on the south
side of the 28 square miles of the salt flats used for racing.  There is an
overlook maintained by the State of Utah in the middle of that over 4 mile
stretch on I-80.  It has been there since the twenties and has outlived its
usefulness for the mining people (Reilly Industries).   I-80 construction
cut off the open end and the usefulness for mining.  The International
course is somewhat pinched between the Salduro loop and the end of the
access road...there is less than a mile of space there.  It can make for
some edgy hot return runs.
Wester