Finishline Coatings

To: LSR Group <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Finishline Coatings
From: Finishline Coatings <lona@finishlinecoatings.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:32:22 -0700
Hi everyone -

Russ Meeks (Finishline Coatings, 2889 SE Silversprings Rd., Milwaukie,
Oregon 97222). About four years ago, Marlo Treit approached us about
developing a coating for his Lakester #678 - (the world's fastest open
wheel race car) that would withstand the salt from the front tires being
thrown back into his rear suspension.  He has tried powder coating,
epoxy paint, and all types of plating.  After working with Marlo on this
problem, we now have a coating that is applied to frames, suspension
brackets, and other components that will not come off or rust under the
most severe salt flat conditions.  This coating has been on Marlo's  car
for three years and shows no apparent distress or wear.  You can contact
him at (503) 678 2678. We also coat the the engines and exhaust coatings
for Marlo Treit, Geisler & Vail's #219 Studebaker and McBride & Moreau's
streamliner.

Our company has been in business since 1993, and we are constantly doing
research and development on our coatings using our own #902 XO Modified
Roadster, which is the current record holder in the XO/Gas and XO/Fuel
classes at Muroc this summer.

The telephone number listed in the 1999 SCTA rule book was typed
incorrectly. You may contact us at (503) 659-4278, or visit our web site
at http://www.finishlinecoatings.com.

Looking forward to meeting a lot of you at Speed week!

Regards,
Russ Meeks