Speed Week

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Speed Week
From: KingGlamis@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 01:00:09 EDT
Thanks to those who replied, I feel like, "one of the guys," already. I'm
actually going to Bonneville (with a co-worker) to cover the event for HotVWs
Magazine. We will, of course, mainly shoot pictures of all of the VW powered
cars. However, I'm not just a VW guy, I love horsepower of all types. I'm
certain that I will be hooked, and possibly spend a fortune to build my own
car, but I'll have to check out all of the different classes before I decide
what would be my class of choice. Does anyone know if a tube-chassied dune
buggy with the proper tires and safety gear would be allowed to run, and if
so, in what class? I have a buggy that I would love to run, and I know a few
people with buggies that could pull some serious speed (400-600 horsepower,
800-900 pounds) with the right gearing. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Doug D.