Newbie wants new class

To: "Land Speed Record Listserver (E-mail)" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Newbie wants new class
From: "David Haile (ICG Software)" <dhaile@woodward.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:14:54 -0500
I'm brand new to this listserver, so bear with me if this has been discussed
recently (I doubt it).

One of my many hobbies is electric vehicles.  I would be very interested in
setting a land speed record if the electric classes (electric motorcycle in
particular) were broken down differently.  Instead of based on weight with
the smallest class listed as less than 990 pounds, I would race based on
voltage like they do with the electric vehicle classes of the NHRA drag
racing rules.  This would allow me to run a small and much cheaper 48-volt
class instead of having to compete with the corporately sponsored high-end
vehicles.  The vehicle would probably run less than 100 mph.

Who do I contact with such ideas?  I live in Ft. Collins, Colorado.

David Haile
SW Developer
Woodward Governor
(617) 344-8177 - My very own fax number