Re: B-Ville Bound

To: "Steve Pitt" <steve@seattleconstructioninc.com>
Subject: Re: B-Ville Bound
From: "Wester S. Potter" <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 17:17:01 -0600
Steve,
I'm prejudiced but...we run one course at WOS so viewing is great, you are
never more than a quarter mile away from the cars and bikes at the time
traps.  SpeedWeek runs two courses in a V with the fast cars over 2000 feet
away from you at speed.  There is also the timers tower in the way.
SpeedWeek has three times the number of cars but the quality of cars at WOS
is very high and there will be cars there that don't run in August, two or
three streamliners and a beautiful T roadster among them.  It is cooler,
rooms are easier to get, the people are nice...like I say, I'm prejudiced.
I will be at SpeedWeek too however,  since it is less than two hours away.
I know lots of the racers and a fair number hit both meets.  I went to the
salt the first time in '51 when SpeedWeek was smaller than WOS is now and
got hooked.  Three of the last ten years the fastest times of the year have
been at WOS.  Usually about 20% of the cars set records.
Wes  USFRA secretary
> From: "Steve Pitt" <steve@seattleconstructioninc.com>
> To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 12:45:00 -0700
>
>I'm planning my first ever visit to Bonneville (spectator).  I won't make
>Speed Week but plan on going to the World of Speed, Sept. 22-25.  Will I
>still see some good racing?  I understand there are a LOT more cars at
Speed