All-Africa Land Speed Record

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: All-Africa Land Speed Record
From: "Lawrence E. Mayfield" <mayfield@traveller.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:43:09
I received the following and am redirecting it to the land-speed list.
Anybody interested?

mayf

>From: "Deon Joubert" <d_joubert@hotmail.com>
>To: mayfield@traveller.com
>Subject: All-Africa Land Speed Record
>Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 09:23:30 PDT
>
>Dear Mr Mayfield
>
>My name is Deon Joubert and I am a professional road racer in Southj Africa.
>
>I would like to assault the All-Africa LSR here in South Africa. It is quite
>slow and I believe this presents a good promotional opportunity for a South
>African company.
>
>I would like to bring a car from the USA  that can comfortably run over 300
>mph. I would need the team to be able to provide technical assistance during
>the run.
>
>I have various ideas I to discuss with a team that would be interested.
>
>I hope you can assist me with names of people who might be interested in
>such an event.
>
>I am in the Staes till Sept 3 and can be reached at 513 9471037. Or e-mail
>me at: d_joubert@hotmail.com.
>
>Regards
>
>Deon Joubert

L.E. Mayfield
124 Maximillion Drive
Madison, Al. 35758-8171
1-256-837-1051

http://www.hsv.tis.net/~mayfield

DrMayf@AOL.com
mayfield@traveller.com <<<<preferred

Bonneville Land Speed Racer, '66 Hydroplane Drag Boat (390 FE)