Re: 200 mph club?

To: <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: 200 mph club?
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 09:12:05 -0700
Thanks Tom... for the info and the Compliments.... if your curious it is a
true mutual admiration society....

What I learned this last week truly could fill a book.... Racing a car on
the Salt is a hell of a lot different then talking about it... or dreaming
about it... the only real complaint I have is that the stuff came home with
me...

If it had just stayed together for a couple of min life would have been
grand... but then I wouldn't have any goals for next year...  I honestly
expected to lose the motor so that part doesn't really bother me.... I am
going to build it back just about exactly like it came apart and that will
give me the opportunity to Fix the stuff I expected to have problems with..
I don't know still what went wrong exactly in the belt drive... or if the
Valve itself caused the problems... but when I take it all apart I will
have a much better Idea of why the damage occurred...

Joe Timney and I had an interesting discussion here about 6 months ago and
it was about what part of the car do you do yourself and which parts do you
hire out.... so far I have done all the building of the car and let other
folks worry about my Motor program.... well the car is built and in fair
condition with little changes required up front so now it is time to
rebuild the motor myself and start the Part of Building that I don't know
much about... but when it goes fast I will be able to look at myself and
know that I did my own homework.... and that is what this is all about to
me...
Keith