Transmission Junk

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmission Junk
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 22:37:21 -0700
Finally got that Trans Rebuilt... now we have an option... this one is a
T-10 with / 2:43 First, 1:61 Second , 1:23 Third.... and a 1-1 forth..

I would have liked the 1:18 Third to go with this combination but to be
real honest we couldn't use the Horsepower we had available.... Which means
to me that the car needs rear end weight.... Based on my current
understanding if you have excessive Hp to spare all the Spoilers in the
world won't hurt your top speed if it helps you plant that Hp to the
Salt.... if your down on Hp Lead Weights are the most user friendly way of
Planting the tires.... but otherwise Spoilers and aerodynamic aids are
better if allowed in your class ( as it allows for quicker acceleration by
limiting the Mass..

Any thoughts?

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )