Maxton...under water?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Maxton...under water?
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 11:06:32 -0400
John, NC ECTA members,

  Any word about the conditions at Maxton as far as the flooding?  I heard
Laurinburg mentioned on the news last night as one of the places that was
flooded.  (Hope David is on high ground.)  I'm trapped here on the coast,
with every major route out of here either flooded or washed away.  If the
course or roads leading to the area aren't safe to travel next weekend we
need to make a call soon about what to do with this event.  My fording depth
is pretty good with the Jeep, but I don't know if the USS Wankel is sea
worthy.

Chuck "Stranded on the Coast" Rothfuss
ECTA
Swansboro, NC