Re: Progress on roadster

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, "Dick Jurkowski" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Progress on roadster
From: "John Linville" <bellytk@nh.ultranet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:05:31 -0400
Hi, is your flathead an 8BA (49-53)?  If so we were able to make a reverse
template off those blocks and transfer the holes to a small block chevy
Lakewood scattershield that we got at a flea market for a few bucks.  Once
the new holes are drilled, just grind off the excess and bolt it on your
block.  This opens up the whole world of chevy trannys, three, four, five
and six speeds.  We are running a Camaro V8 five speed in the Anglia project
with one of these.  You can run the chevy throwout bearing and arm.  Just
get a piece of oilite turned for a new pilot bearing, this one with a chevy
shaft ID and press it into the flywheel.  We ran one of these setups in our
injected flathead dragster for years with no problems.  We even converted
the bellhousing to take the stock flathead starter plate and used a standard
49-53 starter.  If you need more info, give me a shout.

regards, John