Motor Storage

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Motor Storage
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 15:10:30 -0500
I asked this last year but I will ask again just to see what the added
folks response is...

Okay with the Rain out some of you won't race your cars again till next
year... what are you going to do to store it.... anything special that you
go through to set it up for the winter?

Couple of suggestions from last year..... start the motor and foul it out
with Top cylinder lube.... take the race tires off and replace them with
mock up tires....
back off the valves....(saves the springs) What else we need to do here?

any changes for next year?

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100, Bugeye, Box sprites, Bonneville Camaro ( Land Speed
Racer)