Re: WOS cancelled

To: "Wester S Potter" <wspotter@jps.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: WOS cancelled
From: "Gary & Bonnie LaRonge" <laronge@myhome.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:06:12 -0700
Well all, we made it back home in one piece. The fastest the race car went
was about 80 ( in the trailer) and that was on the stretch of highway
between Jackpot and Wells, NV. We got in to Wendover about noon Monday, met
Fred and crew, BS'ed a bit and then went to the end of the road. Never seen
so much water up so close. The whole area on both sides of the road and out
to the dike was a lake. Unreal! Wes, Gary & Ellen were there with super sad
faces. Very disappointed folks. I think we felt as sorry for them as they
did for us. Hope the club survives this because they certainly deserve to.
Whole lot of hard work and many hours down the tube. Guess thats salt
racing. All in all we had a lot of fun anyway. Lots of bench racing time and
seeing friends on our annual visit. Got to meet Les Butters and chat a bit.
We would do it again.
Wes and USFRA.............You have out thanks and we will see you next year
if not before.
Gary & Bonnie LaRonge
#552 D/ G Alt Camaro