ECTA Sept. 25 Meet

To: land-speed@autox.team.net, bigt@webfire.net, wrhoddinott@webtv.net
Subject: ECTA Sept. 25 Meet
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:29:19 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Folks.  Just want to thank all the ECTA Meet officials for their
efforts.  My brother Tom and I had one of the most fun days of our life.
I thank Tom for all his hard work and support on this trip.

Everybody seemed to like our Ardun '32 Ford Roadster.  This was its
first time at a meet and there were teething problems, but only with the
fuel injection.  We couldn't get it to perform up to par, but at least
got the feel of the car on a few checkout runs at 85 or so.  I need to
do some serious work on the fuel system and injector.  We'll be back.

It was a heck of a thrill to run the roadster down the course for the
first time after building it for four years.  I was surprised by the
perfect steering and ease of control of the car.  I never felt a bump.
Honest!  Alan Thornton of Flatlander's Hot Rods in Norfolk, VA built the
body and chassis to my design and they did a good job.

The following Ardun men have been very generous with their time and
advice  on this project.  My sincere thanks to:

Elmo Gillette
Wasted Willie Glass
Mike Hart
Ardun Doug King