Re: ECTA Sept. 25 Meet

To: "Joseph Timney" <TIMNEYJJ@sterlingdi.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: ECTA Sept. 25 Meet
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 07:23:29 -0700
Yeah Ole Bill oughta send the list he E-mail he sent me....

Neat guy.... Neat Car....

Wait I think I will copy it there sure isn't anything he can't be Proud
of...
-------- Normally I wouldn't do this but the E was to cool... Keith

Hi Keith.  Tom and I thank you for those kind words.

The car has been in my mind for 45 years since I used to daydream about
the Bonneville roadsters in Hot Rod Magazine.  So it's fun to see it on
the track, even tho we haven't been able to make it go fast YET.

My wife helped me select the paint, which is about the same medium
yellow as a mid-'70s Corvette color.  A pro painter friend of mine, Dana
Myers, and I worked 50 hours to get it on there.

I've been building and enjoying motorcycles for over 40 years, and still
do 8-9K miles a year on one.  When I retired a few years ago, I wanted a
more challenging project, and decided it was time for that roadster that
had lurked in my mind so many years.

Congratulations on your success with the Jag!

Cheers,  ArdunBill

----------
> From: Joseph Timney <TIMNEYJJ@sterlingdi.com>
> To: land-speed@autox.team.net; bigt@webfire.net; ardunbill@webtv.net;
wrhoddinott@webtv.net
> Subject: Re: ECTA Sept. 25 Meet
> Date: Thursday, September 30, 1999 4:17 AM
>
> For those of you who did not attend the ECTA meet this past weekend, you
missed seeing one of the most beautiful little roadster's I've seen in a
long time. Ardun Bill's 32 is extremely detailed, with quality engineering
and faultless paint, car show quality ( HELL, it's got an ARDUN IN IT!!!) .
When I think of Land Speed Racing, Bill's car is the kind of ride I think
of.  I really got a kick out of teching it for the first time.